The Newton County Splash Pad, located at Denny Dobbs Park, 6244 Hwy 212, Covington, opens Saturday, May 29 at 10 a.m.
Children of all ages can cool off under a giant water bucket, run through fountains and water cannons every Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., with an hour break at 2 p.m. to back wash and test the water, and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The County’s first splash pad was built thank to funds from the 2017 Special Purpose Local Option Sales tax and is available free to all Newton County residents.
The following rules will be applied to all splash pad participants:
- To start water: Locate step pad activator in the middle.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Swim suits and/or appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Footwear/sandals are strongly recommended.
- Running, undue roughness, horseplay, and other inappropriate behavior is strictly prohibited.
- All participates must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe, and family-orientated manner.
- No glass containers allowed on Splash Pad.
- No skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, and/or scooters allowed on Splash Pad.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed on Splash Pad.
- Swim diapers are required on all children under the age of 4.
- The Splash Pad will close at any sign of Lightning or bad weather in the area.
- Please do not hang, climb, or pull on any of the Splash Pad equipment.
- Load limit for the Splash Pad is 40 people.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Splash Pad, please call 770-786-4373.