Office Phone: 678-625-1200
Cell Phone: 706-819-0357
Email: click here to email
Physical Address: 1124 Clark Street Covington, Ga 30014
Elected to the Board of Commissioners in 2020.
Alana Sanders has been featured on CNN, BET, and NBC, nominated for “Who’s Who” in Atlanta 4 years in a row, and a featured fitness presenter for many expos such as the “Ultimate Women Expo,” and many notable conventions internationally. She is a former College Business Department Chair and is currently a University Professor teaching the art of Business and Marketing. She wrote the first college textbook on “Social Media Marketing” through Pearson Education, which included workbooks to help business professionals utilize the networks. Alana consults businesses on the most effective ways to engage their current and future customers. Recently, she wrote the 2nd edition of her textbook for Amazon University and TopHat higher education publishing.
Receiving her undergraduate degree from Grambling State University (BA-Mass Communications) and being initiated into the Delta Iota Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. she has always served in leadership positions and looked out for the best interest of those she led. Sanders has obtained a Certification in Paralegal Studies, Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Human Resource Management, and PH.D. work in Leadership and Organizational Management.
The achievement that outweighs all her accomplishments is being the mother to her 16-year-old daughter McKinley. McKinley published her first book at 5, started her first business at the age of 8, has been taking college courses since she was 9, and took the ACT at 10. She is a Duke TIP and John Hopkins Scholar. Alongside being a talented artist, McKinley was selected by National Society of High School Scholars as an honor student and was Scholar of the week for Newton High.
Boards and Accomplishments
- Association of County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG) Economic Development and Transportation
- ACCG Federal Committee
- Vice President, Georgia Association of Black County Officials (GABCO)
- Certified County Commissioner
- National Association of Counties (NACo) International Economic Development Task Force
- Subcommittee Vice Chair , NACo Community, Economic and Workforce Development Steering Committee
- NACo Human Services and Education Policy Steering Committee
- Member of NACo County Officials advancing Racial Equity (CORE) in Justice Network
- Chair, Political Involvement and Awareness, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Covington Area Alumnae Chapter (Presidential Appointment)
- Board Member, Newton County Family Connection
- Vice-Chair, Public Facilities Authority.