Keep Newton Beautiful
As an affiliate of Keep Georgia Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful, Keep Newton Beautiful
(KNB) provides environmental education in our community.
KNB participates in the community in the following ways:
- KNB works on projects focusing on litter prevention, beautification, recycling, and water pollution prevention.
- KNB staff and volunteers visit schools with puppet shows and other educational programs, speak at club and organizational meetings, and participate in festivals and expos.
- KNB also sponsors cleanups and recycling events throughout the year.
- KNB relies on government and grant funding, private contributions, and volunteer participation.
To challenge, motivate, and inspire everyone to take responsibility for a clean and beautiful community
Save the Date
Rivers Alive/The Great American Cleanup: Postponed Indefinitely
In response to escalating concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) and in light of current guidelines for fighting its spread, our board and staff along with County leaders have decided to postpone this cleanup event. The health and safety of our volunteers and participants is of great importance to us. We have a responsibility to follow recommendations from the CDC, the President, the Governor, and local leaders, and we encourage you to do so as well. When virus concerns diminish, we will reevaluate and plan accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.
Opens in New Window
Free Paper Shred Event: Tentative--Monday, November 16
Newton County residents can bring paper to be shredded to the left side parking lot of the Covington Branch of the Newton County Library (Floyd Street). A shred truck will shred paper on site. The event will begin at 9 a.m. and will end when the shred truck is full--or at noon--whichever comes first. We anticipate that the truck will be full between 11 and 11:30 a.m., but this is only an estimate based on participation in previous events. The truck will leave as soon as it is full, and no more paper will be accepted until the next event. Limit 5 boxes per person.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you or your company would like to help sponsor the event, please email Keep Newton Beautiful or call 678-625-5090.
RAIN PLAN: The shredding truck cannot operate in rain. In case of rain, the event will be postponed to the following Monday.
View the following list to prepare your materials for the event:
- Please remove any large metal clips, staples, or brads and any spiral bindings. (Regular-sized staples and paper clips do not have to be removed.)
- Please separate any thick folders or envelopes. Please do not bring paper in binders,
plastic wrap, or plastic folders.
- Please do not bring paper with trash and other items mixed in.
- No non-paper materials can be accepted.
- Paper must be emptied from plastic bags and bins.
- Please bring your paper in cardboard boxes.
- If your paper is not separated or has trash in it, you will be asked to get out of line and separate it and then re-enter the line at the end.
This is an Earth Day event. All paper will be recycled!
Report Littering & Illegal Dumping
Call 911 if you witness anyone littering or dumping. Many residents are hesitant to call 911, but doing so allows your complaint to be registered in the system and is the recommended and proper way to report.
Send a Message
You can Send a Message to KNB if you have any questions or concerns.