The Cornish Creek Reservoir offers a natural setting to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Lake Varner Park offers opportunities for Fishing, having a picnic, or to just enjoy nature and watch wildlife.
Newton County Water Resources hopes that you enjoy the Cornish Creek Reservoir and all other available natural resources and facilities located at beautiful Lake Varner.
Newton County Water Resources is a division of the Newton County Board of Commissioners.
The main function of Newton County Water Resources and the Cornish Creek Reservoir is to insure a safe, abundant, and high quality drinking water supply for the residents of Newton and Walton Counties. Newton County Water Resources also manages the Cornish Creek Reservoir and the Lake Varner park facilities to provide enjoyment and recreation for the area citizens.
- Public Restroom Facilities
- Two (2) covered picnic pavilions with picnic tables are available for use on a “first come, first serve” basis
- Children’s Playground with swings
- Several Picnic Sites with Charcoal Grills and Parking
- Dual Launch Boat Ramp
- Paved and Primitive Nature Trails
- Open field areas for recreation
- Several Swings and Benches for great views of the water.
- Numerous accessible bank fishing areas.
- ADA accessible fishing pier.
Newton and Walton County Residents:
All Out of County Residents:
$5.00 per boat and $5.00 per vehicle
HOURS OF OPERATION:
April – October
7:00 am – 9:00 pm
November – March
7:00 am – 6:00 pm
For Park and Lake Information, Please Call
The Cornish Creek Reservoir remains
open throughout the year.