View all facilities
Newton County Historic Courthouse
The Newton County Historic Courthouse, designed by Bruce & Morgan, was built in 1884. The Courthouse is a Second Empire architecture style and was place don the National Register of Historic Places in Sept. 18, 1980.
The Historic Courthouse houses the office of Newton County's Board of Commission Chairman, County Manager, Public Information Officer, County Clerk and support staff, along with the County's Veteran's Accountability Court staff.
Board of Commission, Planning and Zoning, Solid Waste Authority and other meetings are held in the third floor of the Historic Courthouse.