March 29, 2023
Newton County Historic Courthouse
1124 Clark Street
Covington, GA 30014
FY2024 Budget Workshop - Constitutional Officers/Elected Officials/Boards
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Newton County Department heads will present their proposed FY2024 Budget in the first step of the budgeting process.
The FY2024 Budget Workshops allow the Board of Commissioners to see for the first time the proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
The Workshops are the initial phase of the FY2024 Budget and are open to the public.
Newton County's Constitutional Officers and officials will present as follows:
- 9:00 a.m. - Juvenile Court Judge Candice Branche
- 9:30 a.m. - Clerk of Courts Linda Hays
- 10:00 a.m. - Sheriff Ezell Brown
- 10:30-11:00 - break
- 11:00 a.m. - Tax Commissioner Marcus Jordan
- 11:30 a.m. - Probate Judge Melanie Bell
- 12:00-1:00 - Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - Superior Court Chief Judge Ken Wynne
- 1:30 p.m. - District Attorney Randy McGinley
- 2:00 p.m. - Coroner Tommy Davis
- 2:30-3:00 - Break
- 3:00 p.m. - Public Defender Anthony Carter
- 3:30 p.m. - Tax Assessor Martie Kinard
- 4:00 p.m. - Solid Waste Authority Director Matt Dolan