Keep Covington / Newton Beautiful
Keep Covington / Newton Beautiful Responsibilities
As an affiliate of Keep Georgia Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful, Keep Covington / Newton Beautiful (KCNB) provides environmental education in our community.
KCNB participates in the community in the following ways:
- KCNB works on projects focusing on litter prevention, beautification, recycling, and water pollution prevention.
- KCNB staff and volunteers visit schools with puppet shows and other educational programs, speak at club and organizational meetings, and participate in festivals and expos.
- KCNB also sponsors cleanups and recycling events throughout the year.
- KCNB relies on government and grant funding, private contributions, and volunteer participation.
To challenge, motivate, and inspire everyone to take responsibility for a clean and beautiful community
Save the Date
Great American Cleanup: Saturday, March 23
Join friends and neighbors to help clean up our community!
Sign up by March 15 to help pick up roadside litter and plant trees and flowers in Newton County. You can sign up to work by yourself or organize and sign up your team. No group is too large or too small. You can choose a spot to clean up or ask organizers to assign a place.
Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m. at Longhorn Steakhouse of Covington to enjoy free breakfast and pick up cleanup supplies and FREE t-shirts (while supplies last). Group leaders will distribute supplies and volunteers will go out to cleanup sites around the county and pick up trash. KCNB will make arrangements for disposal of bagged roadside litter.
PLEASE NOTE: KCNB does not provide transportation from Longhorn to cleanup sites. Volunteers will need their own transportation. Group leaders may arrange to pick up breakfast and supplies at Longhorn and meet their groups at cleanup sites if they prefer.
Free Paper Shred Event: Monday, April 22
Newton County residents can bring paper to be shredded to the left side parking lot of the Covington Branch of the Newton County Library (Floyd Street). A shred truck will shred paper on site. The event will begin at 9 a.m. and will end when the shred truck is full. Limit 5 boxes per person.
People who are not Newton County residents cannot participate. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you or your company would like to help sponsor the event, please email Keep Covington / Newton Beautiful or call 678-625-5090.
View the following list to prepare your materials for the event:
- Please remove any large metal clips or brads and any spiral bindings.
- Please separate any thick folders or envelopes. Please do not bring paper in binders, plastic wrap, or plastic folders.
- Please do not bring paper with trash and other items mixed in.
- No non-paper materials can be accepted.
- Paper must be emptied from plastic bags and bins.
- Please bring your paper in cardboard boxes.
- If your paper is not separated or has trash in it, you will be asked to get out of line and separate it and then re-enter the line at the end.
Report Littering & Illegal Dumping
Call 911 if you witness anyone littering or dumping. Many residents are hesitant to call 911, but doing so allows your complaint to be registered in the system and is the recommended and proper way to report.
Send a Message
You can Send a Message to KCNB if you have any questions or concerns.