Activities & Classes
Arts & Crafts Classes
- Arts and craft workshops are held quarterly.
- Art class held every Wednesday from 10 to 2 p.m.
- Ceramic class is held every Monday through Wednesday. You must be an active member of the center to participate. Please contact Ceramic Instructor for class schedules and further information.
- Sewing class held every Wednesday from 10 to 12 noon.
- Turner lake quilters meet every Monday and Thursday from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Exercise and strengthening class is held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Walking club meets every Tuesday from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Line dancing class held every Thursday from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Grandparents raising grandchildren workshops and group sessions held the last Tuesday of every other month at 1 p.m.
- Grand and great is a grandparents program that includes all grandparents who would like to discuss with other grandparents the joy of being grandparents. These workshops will be held once a quarter. Join us for an hour of tips, games and fellowship. Community is invited. Check monthly listings for events.
- Interpretive dance class meets every Monday at 1 p.m.
- Pizzazz travel club meets every 1st Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m. in the Senior Center Fellowship Hall.
- Day trips See Upcoming Events for next scheduled day trip.
- Trips planned twice a year. See Upcoming Events for next scheduled trip.
Voice & Drama
- Voices of wisdom choir meets every Monday at 11 a.m. for rehearsal. There is a cost to be part of the choir. Monthly dues.
- Drama class meets every Thursday at 11 a.m.
- Nutrition classes conducted by the University of Georgia once a month.
- Blood pressure checks scheduled throughout the month. Check monthly listing.
- Dominoes club every Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Red hat society meetings held every 2nd Tuesday of the month 12 Noon to 2 p.m.
- Library available for seniors who love to read. Seniors can check books out and return when they are finished.
- Computer classes are every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Computers are accessible to seniors who are active members of the Senior Center. Look for upcoming information on classes.
- Book club meets every 3rd Friday of each month 12:30 p.m.
- Group sessions and workshops are held once a month on selected topics.
- Fellowship club meet every third Wednesday of the month. This group consist of seniors who are active members of the Senior Center.